Connecting with Culture is a property of Artswork Ltd (Registered Charity No. 800143 and Company Limited by Guarantee (No. 2150619)). Artswork are committed to protecting your personal information, and being transparent about what information we hold about you. The purpose of this policy is to give a clear explanation of how we collect and use your personal data, and your options regarding the data we store. We use your information in accordance of all applicable laws concerning protection of personal information, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR).
If you have any queries about this policy, please contact the Data Protection Lead at Artswork in writing via:
Post: Artswork, 1st floor, Latimer House, 5-7 Cumberland Place, Southampton, SO15 2BH
Via this website and associated online platforms, we collect personal information in a number of ways.
Information you give us: For example when you sign up as an Organisation or a User, we’ll store personal information provided such as your name, email address and organisation. We will also keep a record of your contact preferences.
Information about your interactions: When a User sends a message to an Organisation via Connecting with Culture we keep a record of this.
Creating an account for your organisation
By creating an account for your organisation on Connectingwithculture.com, you agree to Artswork sharing information about your organisation, including address, phone number and email address, with users of the website, such as local teachers or youth leaders that may be interested in working with your organisation. Your account can be edited at any time, via the My Account section of the site. You can delete your account at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Creating a user account
Signing up as a user enables your school/youth organisation to send enquiries directly to arts and cultural organisations listed in the site. We keep a record of information provided at the point of sign up, including name and contact details, as well as a record of all enquiries sent to enable us to track usage of the site. You can delete your account at any time by emailing email@example.com.
There are three legal bases under which we may process your data.
- Contract purposes: When you sign up for an account on Connecting with Culture, whether as an organisation or a user, you are entering in to a contract with us. In order to perform this contract we need to process and store your data. For example, we may need to contact you by email in case of major website updates.
- With your explicit consent: For example, when you sign up to receive Artswork’s South East Bridge enewsletter using the subscribe button at the bottom of any page, we will add your email address to our mailing list.
- Legitimate interest: In certain situations we collect and process your personal data for purposes that are in our legitimate organisational interests. However we only do this if there is no overriding prejudice to you by using your personal information this way. We describe below all situations where we may use this basis for processing.
Marketing communications via CampaignMonitor
Email marketing, including the South East Bridge enewsletter, is sent via CampaignMonitor, and we use the platform to store your contact details, email preferences and a record of which emails you have opened and which links you have clicked on.
We aim to communicate with you about the work that we do in ways that you find relevant, timely and respectful. To do this we use data that we have stored about you, such as your organisation, as well as any contact preferences you may have told us about.
We use our legitimate organisational interest as the legal basis for communications by post or email with relevant business contacts, including those working in the arts, cultural and education sectors. We will give you an opportunity to opt out in every email that we send you, or you can do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other processing activities
In addition to marketing communications, we also process personal information in the following ways that are within our legitimate organisational interests:
- We may analyse data we hold about you to ensure that the content and timing of communications that we send you are as relevant to you as possible.
- We may analyse data we hold about you in order to identify and prevent fraud.
- In order to improve our website, we may analyse information about how you use it and the content that you interact with.
In all of the above cases we will always keep your rights and interests at the forefront to ensure they are not overridden by your own interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. You have the right to object to any of this processing at any time. If you wish to do this, please use the contact details at the end of this policy. Please bear in mind that if you object this may affect our ability to carry out tasks above that are for your benefit.
Beyond the platforms identified above, we will never share your data with third parties without requesting explicit permission before doing so.
Security of your personal information
We will put in place appropriate safeguards (both in terms of our procedures and the technology we use) to keep your personal information as secure as possible. We will ensure that any third parties we use for processing your personal information do the same.
Maintaining your personal information
We will only store your personal information for as long as necessary for each process, and you can ask for your information to be deleted at any point by emailing email@example.com. For specific processes named in this policy:
- Marketing communications: We will keep your contact details on relevant mailing lists until you request to unsubscribe or become inactive. An ‘inactive’ subscriber is classed as someone who has not opened an Artswork email in the previous 12 months. At this point we will email a notification of your removal from our mailing lists – giving the option to resubscribe.
If there are aspects of your record that are inaccurate or that you would like to remove, please use the contact details at the end of this page.
Any objection you make to processing of your data, such as unsubscribing from email marketing, will be stored against your record on our system so that we can comply with your requests.
Your rights to your personal information
You have a right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies in this data corrected. Please use the contact details at the end of this policy if you would like to exercise this right.
Contact details and further information
Artswork Ltd, 1st floor, Latimer House, 5-7 Cumberland Place, Southampton, SO15 2BH